Express Building Inspections provide a range of building inspection services conducted to New Zealand Standards NZS 4306:2005
For complete peace of mind all Express Building Inspectors carry full professional indemnity insurance.
We take your investment seriously, and undertake comprehensive inspections so you won’t get any unexpected or expensive surprises meaning you can relax and focus on the fun parts of buying a home.
With our systemised approach to your property inspection and the latest software technology including digital photos imbedded into your report, you can actually see any issues that may be found. With our comprehensive reporting it’s no wonder we get so many clients recommending our service to family and friends.
Of course, all Express pre-purchase/pre-listing property inspections and reports are undertaken by highly trained professionals. We are trained to sniff out building defects that the average inspector may well miss!
We provide professional services to the highest standard at affordable prices. You will be impressed!
We specialise in a range of services as listed below to ensure you are fully informed of the condition of any property you may be considering buying or selling as well as additional services – We’ve got you covered!
- Pre purchase reports: Defects report before purchase, done by buyer, puts you in control!
- Pre-Auction Reports: Once the hammer is down (Sold) it’s too late to get a property inspection and you’re stuck with what you just bought. Very risky!
- Pre-Sale Report: Defects report before sale, done by owner (Same as Property Condition Report).
- Handover Reports: No one else checks your new home for quality of workmanship and quality of materials so it is wise to call in the experts to ensure you get any minor or major repairs done while under warranty.
- Structural Integrity Reports: Is it well built and sturdy? An inspection is the only way to ensure your home is structurally sound.
- Verbal Reports: Delivered immediately the inspection is completed, then written confirmation promptly delivered by email.
- Asbestos Auditing: Available through most inspectors so you can feel safe in your own home.
- Property Video: For the complete picture, popular with absentee buyers.
- Rental Property Condition Report: Not all tenants are perfect, so protect your property with pre-tenancy, periodic and exit inspections.
- Dilapidation Reports: Details the existing condition of a building at a specific point in time. Prior to and at completion of construction works. As part of development approvals most council’s will stipulate that one of these is required to protect adjoining neighbours.
- Property Maintenance Report: Keep your property well maintained so minor issues don’t become a major expense.
- Special Purpose: Custom reports to suit your specific needs.
What Is Inspected (where access is available)
- Roof - covering, sagging, drainage, flashings, gutters, skylight, chimney (visual only), fascia, barges, downpipes
- Exterior - drainage, wall cladding, trim, doors, decks, stairs, timber, windows
- Masonry - salt damp, rising damp, cracking, fretting, subsidence, mortar, damp proof course
- Attic - roof structure, signs of water leakage, access, party walls, fire walls, Insulation
- Interior - walls, ceiling, floors, doors, windows, cupboards
- Kitchen - cupboards, drawers, bench tops, sink, tap operation, visible plumbing
- Bathroom - tiles, caulking, grout, shower/screens, bath, vanity, toilet, taps operation, visible plumbing
- Fireplaces - hearth, mantle, vents, chimney (visual only)
- Structural (visible) - foundations and footings, framing (walls, floors, roof), lintels
- Subfloor- where access is available, cellars
- Insulation - batts, vapor barrier, fire hazards
- Ventilation - roof, soffits, bathroom, laundry
- Plumbing - (visible plumbing only), water source , leaking pipes, drainage, related piping, water hammer, water pressure, tap operation and leaks
- Electrical - (visible electrical items only) switches, power points, lights
If access is possible we will check sub floor in timber floorboard constructions. We also check fencing, retaining walls (under 700mm high), driveways, paving, pergolas, verandas, garages, carports, sheds, clothes line, painting and much more. We have experience with state-of-the-art moisture meter technology, which can detect rising damp and leaking pipes even behind tiles! All our highly detailed systemised reports include digital photos of defects found giving you the complete picture.